How we hold ourselves accountable at WiserBrand
At WiserBrand, we believe in talent and experience, regardless of the applicants’ identity. We strive to support the worldwide movement for equality, which is integrated into our company’s hiring and internal communication policies.
We take pride in being a diverse team of competitive specialists, and are thankful for every individual who’s chosen to build their career in our company. Our workplace community includes people with limited mobility and other special needs, people of color, different ethnic backgrounds, a wide age spectrum of contractors, LGBTQ+ members, as well as a balance of male and female experts.
We do not tolerate discrimination in any form, and never give preference over the following factors when considering candidates for open positions:
- Gender identity
- Sexual orientation
- Race / Ethnicity
- Disabilities and special needs
- Religious expression
This policy applies to all partners, contractors, visitors, customers, and stakeholders.
By ‘discrimination’ we mean any negative action or attitude towards an individual, based on any of the aforementioned aspects of identity.
We do not tolerate any behavior that creates a hostile environment within the company and makes others feel unsafe because of their specific character element or how they identify themselves.
Depending on the severity of the offense caused, we either provide education and counseling to address the person’s biases or introduce penalties. Termination is also a possibility for partners or contractors that continue their disruptive behavior, systematically taking negative action against their colleagues based on this policy’s characteristics.
In this Policy, we define discrimination as harmful action motivated by bias or hatred towards the object of said behavior, for instance:
- Actively discouraging or outright refusing promotions to LGBTQ+ contractors;
- Disproportionally hiring and favoring male candidates for open positions due to personal bias;
- Contractors making degrading comments related to gender identity;
- Bypassing contractors and discouraging growth based on their ethnicity.
We will not be lenient in cases of assault, sexual harassment, or workplace violence, whether physical or psychological.
To ensure that WiserBrand stays inclusive and safe for everyone, we:
- Offer compensation and benefits according to position, seniority, qualifications, and performance, not protected characteristics;
- Set specific requirements for candidates, and only evaluate applicants based on their professional competence;
Use inclusive language in our job postings and public communications;
- Provide training on diversity, communication, and conflict resolution to our management and HR departments to make sure we create a comfortable working environment for individuals with different backgrounds.
- We will investigate all claims discreetly, and encourage everyone to speak up against discriminatory practices or actions so that we’re able to grow and improve as a company.