We received a request from our client, Mixmart.ae company based in the UAE, to develop a website for selling grocery to foreigners who miss their homeland food. Besides the usual for Magento default store development, they needed some customized solutions to provide their customers with excellent services and ensure the future success of their online store.
After our developers team gathered all the necessary information from our client and filled the Project Chart, we worked out the Project Plan, which included:
- Magento adjustment;
- Adaptive to different devices and resolutions markup;
- Front-end development;
- Backend development;
- Categories, goods database filling;
- Creating and publishing the content.
Additional tasks to meet the client’s requirements:
- Set up a functional for customized delivery;
- Developed a convenient multifunctional checkout page;
- Performed the integration of WordPress into Magento to implement a fully-featured Blog;
- Implemented the Order Item functional;
- Developed the Special offers functional;
- Created the Feedback functional;
- When the website was ready, we performed SEO.
When after 3.5 months we completed the project, the website was launched. Today, users can enjoy these convenient features:
- Location customized delivery. The main feature of this functional is to provide customers with affordable and free delivery according to their location. Each location requires a different total purchase sum to receive free delivery.
- Time delivery feature. There is a special delivery field to let customers pick up a convenient delivery time. This field is synched with the calendar.
- Editable basket. On the checkout page, customers can not only check the number of any item in their basket but also change and update it.
- Fully-featured Blog provided by the WordPress integration.
- Order Item functional. If the item is not in stock, the button Order Item appears on the item page. The admin receives emails about ordering absent items from all customers, but not registered ones have to provide their names and emails. When items get in stock, customers receive notifications.
- Special offers functional. There is a block with special offers descriptions and promo codes. Initially, the coupon is hidden and looks like a scratch card. When the customer clicks on the coupon, they are redirected to the category page or the items they can buy with it. They can also copy-paste the code from the appeared data window on the top of the page and insert it into the field in the basket or on the checkout page.
- Feedback functional. Users can leave their feedback about the website. The feedback is checked by the website admin and approved if relevant to the company services and work.