Providing users with the opportunity to see your work with their own eyes and have a chance to listen to their feedback is a really great move. Video content is a win-win solution for both sides and a great way to expand your business promotion and brand awareness. Here are some tips prepared by our SEO team that you might find valuable. Check them out and use for your purpose.
1. Meta description, title and Alt tags
If you want your video files to be positively perceived not only by users but also by a search engine, you should add a meta description, title and Alt tags that include relevant keywords to your videos.
Additionally, since Google cannot understand video content, it will be great if you associate a text transcription with your videos as it is a great tool to let the search engines get a better read of your video content.
You can manually type up transcription and upload it to a video service along with your video, or you can use one of the automatic transcription services that can do it for you.
3. Video sitemap
Also, it’s crucial to let Google know about your video content and get it indexed correctly. You can accomplish this by submitting a video sitemap, that will contain the video file, a thumbnail image, a title, and description information.
Follow the best SEO practices, creating a sitemap for each video to tell the search engines the content of the video, where the video is on your site, and its original spot on YouTube.
4. The inclusion of video sitemaps to the robot.txt
In this context, make sure to include the video sitemaps to the robots.txt file, that informs the crawlers what to index, and verifies that the locations you’ve submitted do in fact exist.
5. Creation of a YouTube channel
It is a good solution to work with the YouTube channel, where you can place your video initially before implementation on the website.
This is important because your potential client has the opportunity to go directly to YouTube, watching a video on the website. The client's opinion regarding the company is made up of details, so you should work with all of them.
Thus, the user will be more comfortable seeing the professional profile of the company when going to YouTube, with the logo and information about your brand.
6. What to include when uploading a video to YouTube
Also, with regard to SEO purposes, when uploading your videos to YouTube, remember to include the following:
- Descriptive title with relevant long-tail keywords;
- Engaging description. Include a link at the beginning and the end of your description, giving viewers multiple chances to get/return to your website. Create a paragraph description with a set of keywords discreetly embedded. Remember about a call to action as well;
- Tags, that should reflect your keywords, as well, and variants;
- Location Tagging. To allow the video to be uploaded to Google Maps and Google Places, tag your business’s location once your video is uploaded;
- Captions and Subtitles, that also work really nice both for SEO and user experience.
And the main point — do not forget to enjoy what you are doing while preparing your video content.
Make it look professional and natural at the same time, and may your viewers enjoy your work and get converted into your business customers!