SEO without content
Search engine optimization makes the content better indexed on the Internet. Simply saying, properly optimized content will appear in the top when clients search products or services by a particular keyword. These keywords must be met in the textual content of your website. It can be descriptions, blog, “About” section and so on. You can empower any piece of text on your website with the help of SEO techniques.
But what if you do not have enough content? Or if your website is constructed of mostly media (pictures, videos)? How to deal with SEO and content then?
Conduct an SEO optimization of an entire website
In order to make your website more appealing to the search engines and user-friendly at the same time, carry out a professional SEO optimization:
- review meta tags, internal links, keywords, bounce rate, and loading speed;
- step up your backlink building game;
- improve domain authority: gain mentions from reputable platforms, get rid of broken/toxic backlinks, refine the website’s navigation and work on a strong internal linking strategy:
- keep your web code clean;
- build an intuitive interface and develop a mobile version of your website.
Optimize your images
Unable to produce enough text content for SEO? Make the most out of your graphic content then.
- Before uploading an image to your website, choose the right file name for it. That name should contain the keyword describing the image. For instance, you’re about to use a photo of a marvelous sunset at the Santa Monica Beach and the file with it has a name that makes no sense (FrhytT36794-1.jpg). Remove that randomness and rename the file. Include the keywords people on the Internet would use when searching for a similar image. santa-monica-beach-sunset-ocean.jpg or something along these lines will add the SEO value you’re looking for.
- Reduce the size of an image file not to impact the website’s loading speed in a negative way.
- Add descriptive alternative and title texts with the main keyword the page/the website is related to.
Earn reviews and local citations
Make sure that your business/website is listed on authoritative resources, local ones in particular. Track your listings all the time and make them consistent not to mess up your online visibility and avoid customer confusion. Encourage your clients and visitors to leave reviews on Google, social media and business listing platforms to improve your rankings.
Content for SEO
SEO and content marketing go together just as peanut butter and jelly on America’s favorite sandwich. If you remove one of the ingredients, the classic taste will be ruined. In order to make your website appear higher in the search engine query results consistently and boost its traffic, you have to create original, helpful and well-structured content your target audience will enjoy. What should you do for that matter? Here’s a quick SEO content writing checklist for you.
10 content types that work best for SEO
- Post blog content to provide elaborate answers to your audience’s possible questions and build the keyword mass.
- Write guides and how-tos – the most requested kinds of articles.
- Turn your blog posts into social media content pieces.
- Diversify your text content with infographics. They take time to design, but they attract much more users than ordinary articles.
- Publish regular press releases to update your audience on things happening with your company
- Attract new visitors’ attention by posting product launches.
- Create promotional videos to communicate the message in a memorable way. The SEO value of the text content is indisputable, but visitors are more likely to watch a quick video than read a 2,000-word article.
- Post case studies and interviews. Real results and honest opinions are well-received by the audience and get high scores in terms of SEO content originality.
- Publish opinion posts to make the full use of current trends and breaking news.
- Consider adding high-quality user-generated content.
And, there you have it. A quick introduction into SEO owners of different websites may apply. As you saw, it’s possible to use the power of SEO even without the text content. But the latter provides the effectivity worth working for.
Liked this article and found it helpful? Make sure to click on the buttons below to share it with your friend. Don’t hesitate to drop us an email at SEO@wiserbrand.com if you have any questions related to SEO optimization or SMM.